TAKE HIM BACK TO HEAVEN

 Take Him Back to Heaven - 1982

https://soundcloud.com/timrohr/track-15/s-Us7Ax?in=timrohr/sets/love-remembered-tim-rohr-and-dominic-macaller-1981&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing


I dreamt that I might hear you

Laughing next to me.

And I dreamt that I might hold you

And love you tenderly.


I knew that I could love you,

Oh, but for the chance

God, take him back to heaven 

To join you in your dance


And I still hear you crying

In my soul at night

I’m sorry for your dying

It didn’t turn out right.


We loved each other, ________

God knows it was so strong

But somewhere in our loving

We must have loved too long.


It wasn’t just the feelings

It must have been the time

Like trying to write a poem

Without a verse to rhyme


And I still hear you crying

In my soul at night

I’m sorry for your dying

It didn’t turn out right.


I won’t forget him, ____________

The son we never had

And I won’t forget you either

Your eyes still make me sad


And forgive this letter, ____________

I can’t help what I feel

Your memory breaks my body

Lovin’ you was all too real


And hear I write this song

A song I’ll never sing

For who am I to say

How came to pass these things

And son I sure am sorry

That it didn’t turn out right

But I can sleep this evening 

To know that you’re with Him tonight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALREADY DEAD

DRAGON SONG

TWO FRIENDS